Identify the right symptoms to differentiate between eye infection and conjunctivitis, know further from this article
Eye problems can bother you. Many times it is not understood whether the cause of the disease in the eye is ultimately allergy or conjunctivitis. Today we will understand the difference between the two. The symptoms between eye allergy and eye problem are common and it becomes difficult to differentiate between the two, but knowing the symptoms, you will be able to understand the difference between the two. For better information on this subject, we spoke to Dr. Seema Yadav, MD Physician, Care Institute of Life Sciences, Lucknow.
What is eye allergy?
The problem of allergies in the eye is also similar to conjunctivitis, you may see the symptoms of pink eye. The problem of allergy in the eye can be due to any reason like some kind of chemical getting into the eye, allergy due to any infection in the eye, etc. To avoid allergies, you should pay attention to cleanliness and avoid touching animals.
What are the symptoms of eye allergy?
If you have allergies in your eyes, then you may see these symptoms-
- Swelling on the eyelids
- Blurred vision.
- Itching in the eye
- Burning in the eye
- Redness problem in the eye.
What to do if there is an allergy in the eye?
After having an allergy in the eye, try these methods-
- First of all go to the doctor and get the checkup done and take medicine if needed.
- Cold compress is considered beneficial to remove allergies in the eye and you can use it on the advice of a doctor.
- If there is an allergy in the eye, you have to take special care of the eye and you can use glasses to cover it.
- If there is a problem of infection in the eye, you have to use a clean towel.
- Apart from this, you should avoid rubbing the eye and avoid touching the eyelids.
What is conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is also called pink eye. This is a type of eye infection. The infection affects the outer part of the white part of the eye. To treat conjunctivitis, your doctor may prescribe ocular drops, oral pills, steroids or immunotherapy in severe cases.
What are the symptoms of conjunctivitis?
- Conjunctivitis can cause redness
- You may feel a sensation in the eye when it comes to the eye.
- You may feel itchy when the eyes come in.
- Liquid may come out of one or both eyes.
- There may be a problem of burning in the eyes.
How to avoid eye problem?
- Avoid touching the eyes in case of eye contact or conjunctivitis and pay attention to the cleanliness of your hands.
- If you touch the eye again and again with your dirty hands, then there may be a problem in the eye due to bacteria or virus, so keep the eye away from the hand.
- You must get your eyes examined at least once in every 6 months, this will help in catching the disease early.
- If you use contact lenses, do not use them for a long time and the lens should always be used after cleaning.
- You should also avoid using old eye makeup, you should not use eyeliner or mascara etc.
Contact the doctor if there is an infection in the eye and identify the symptoms of infection and get treatment as soon as possible.