Diabetes patients can adopt some measures prescribed by the doctor in case of sudden increase or decrease in blood sugar.
When there is a problem of blood sugar, the sugar level of the patient keeps on decreasing or increasing. When the sugar level rises, you may have insomnia, blurred vision, restlessness, frequent urination, while some people have tremors, sweating, restlessness, irritability when the sugar level rises. On the other hand, when the sugar level decreases, you may have a problem of blurred vision, fast heartbeat, sudden nervousness, headache. Sudden emergency in diabetes means sudden occurrence or increase in sugar level is not good, you should contact the doctor in such a situation and get the right treatment. In this article, we will talk about the steps to be taken in case of emergency in diabetes. For better information on this subject, we spoke to Dr Seema Yadav, MD Physician, Care Institute of Life Sciences, Lucknow.
High sugar level
What to do when sugar level rises?
- In case of high sugar level, you should consume cinnamon. In the event of insulin sensitivity, you should consume a drink made of cinnamon powder and lemon.
- To control blood sugar level, you drink green tea, it will help in controlling blood sugar level.
- To control the sugar level, drink more and more water, consuming water will keep the blood sugar level under control as it will help in removing the extra sugar from your body.
Keep these things in mind when the sugar level is high
- If you have high sugar level, you should avoid the consumption of tea and coffee.
- Have a light breakfast when you have high sugar levels.
- Avoid having an empty stomach and overeating.
- Maintain hydration level.
- Avoid consuming things containing sugar.
Low sugar level
What to do if the sugar level is low?
If the sugar level has suddenly become low, then you can adopt these methods-
- If the sugar level has suddenly become low, then do not consume sugar, it is harmful for your body in any case, you can consume fresh fruits instead.
- To reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, you should consume curd, its glycemic index is low, it controls diabetes.
- Check your sugar level before and after exercise, you should consult a doctor for this.
- Patients with low blood pressure must eat something after 4 to 5 hours. Apart from snacks, you should eat at least 3 meals.
- After eating food, do exercise after about 1 or half an hour.
- To cure low blood sugar level immediately, you should always keep dry fruits with you, it controls the sugar level.
Keep these things in mind when the sugar level is low
If your sugar level has become low, then you should take care of these things-
- Due to low sugar level, you should not do high risk or strenuous work, it can make you feel dizzy or increase anxiety.
- If the sugar level remains low then you can consume carbs. You must always have something to eat with you.
- If the sugar level has come down, then you should eat a full breakfast or meal to prevent the recurrence of hypoglycemia.
If the sugar level decreases or increases frequently, then you should consult a doctor and get the right treatment.